Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 years and counting...

I have been fortunate to have gone twice already to the great city of New Orleans, and now I am writing this as I am on my way for my third consecutive trip. With that being said, I am ecstatic that I have been given the opportunity to come again. The first two trips were amazing, and I know this time will be just as good, if not better. This year, I also watched Spike Lee's follow-up documentary, "If God is Willing and Da Creek Don't Rise". He returned 5 years later and went back to review if and how much progress has been made in the city. When I returned last year, I was amazed at how much was accomplished in a year, so I'm hoping to be just as impressed this year. I can't wait to arrive and start working, while also getting to know all the freshmen and first year Bonners. With a group of 42 people this year, expect many quality posts and updates with our day to day service. Only 12 hours left until we arrive...

-Tommy Mladenetz

No comments:

Post a Comment