Saturday, January 7, 2012

Finally Here!

The drive was long, but worth it as we finally made it to New Orleans. Since it is the weekend the work does not start until Monday. As a group we went out yesterday to experience the culture of New Orleans firsthand. For the night we went to the French Quarter and completed a scavenger hunt. All groups worked well as a team. The French quarter is extremely populated because of the LSU vs Alabama college football game coming up. Hopefully the tourism can bring in revenue for local businesses. Today we went on a driving tour of the city. I was amazed to see the progress that has been made since I last came here two years ago. I am excited to begin working on Monday, but I have enjoyed my time reconnecting with the culture and people of New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment