Monday, January 16, 2012

Post-Trip


Overall, this trip has matured my attitude. Throughout the week, we were unsure of what we were going to be doing each day. Having grown up in the Northeast, I undoubtedly developed a “northeastern” mentality that caused me to be irritated by all of the uncertainty. After two days and two conversations with new friends, I concluded to stop worrying about tomorrow’s circumstances and work on my response to each circumstance I find myself in at each particular moment. Today’s circumstances are out of our control but we can control our responses. This trip has encouraged me to wear a positive attitude regardless of what type of service I am doing. The trip was also filled with much laughter. Looking back on the trip, I can see that my new friends and I came home with a new determination to keep an optimistic attitude while serving others.

Nick L

No comments:

Post a Comment