Monday, January 2, 2012

Pre- New Orleans

As I gear up for another trip down to New Orleans (my fourth and final trip), I am truthfully unsure what to expect. I have seen definite progress over the past few years, however, I have also seen some areas, such as the devastated Lower 9th Ward, which are still mostly vacant. I am looking forward to being able to assist another homeowner in the completion of his or her home. I am also highly anticipating the food, culture and excitement of the city, particularly the French Quarter, which has been thriving for years, now. Selfishly, I am hoping for good weather, as last year we experienced record lows. In general, I hope to have another meaningful experience and enhance the experience of those students going for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment