Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gale 2nd post

After two days of work in New Orleans, we (Bonners) have been able to help several homeowners and package food for several thousand families at the New Orleans food bank. Yesterday, I worked on a house that was in the beginning stages of building. We put in insulation and worked to level the front yard. Today, we worked at a Rescue Mission to rearrange their offices and at a food bank to repackage food donations for distribution to families. I have enjoyed these experiences thus far, as they have been different. I am looking forward to meeting with my homeowner from last year who lives near when we are staying. The culture here is vibrant and the experience is great. I am anxious to continue work for the rest of the week and to help as many people as possible.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment