Thursday, January 12, 2012


The past two days I had returned to the rescue mission to help out. I was primarily cleaning and repainting an office, and for
a short period of time today I was asked to help sort food on shelves. With sorting, that also meant that I would be throwing away massive amounts of food which did not sit well with me by any means. We all have seen the lines of homeless people looking for food and only due to lack of
organization and communication were the ten bags of bread and desserts to be thrown away. I felt very discouraged knowing that in good intentions there was still so much more that could be done in a much more efficient manner. We did our best to help provide a plan to keep track of the expiration dates but I'm not convinced that it will be used in the future. I understand that we were helpful but I would love to experience more of Monday's activities tomorrow before we head back to jersey.
Geaux hornets!




No comments:

Post a Comment