Sunday, January 8, 2012

NOLA first sights

My first time in the city and I absolutely love it. After so much disaster people still have an astounding amount of spirit. It is an incredible feat of human spirit and happiness to come from disaster to celebration. The people here are special kind of breed and I cant help but absorb the great feelings that they radiate.

Yesterday we took a tour of the most affected places by the hurricane. We drove through towns with vast open fields and I soon realized that it was a buzzing urban community. It really shocked me and excited me more to start my work with homeowners that still need relief from Katrina. The whole tour was really awesome. I think we all had a great Bonner Bonding sesh at the bayou and sitting on the levee.

I am so excited and happy to be here in New Orleans it is a city that I have grown to love so much in such a short time, with so little to see.

-Nick DiMauro

No comments:

Post a Comment