Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pre-Trip Blog

Watching Spike Lee’s documentary revealed the ongoing pain of New Orleans’ residents, particularly those who resided in the Lower 9th Ward. From the video I gathered that, sadly, there are still homes to be built and there are still families to love. As I spent New Year’s Eve in Haiti, I resolved to start off every morning in 2012 with a question/prayer. That is, to ask: “God, who do you want me to love for you today?” I am eager to see who God has for me to love this upcoming week in New Orleans.
I do not have many expectations for this trip. But I do have excitement. I’m excited to love. I’m excited to serve. I’m NOT excited for the drive down. As I’ve heard great things about the food, I am excited for that as well. I am absolutely ready to try some fried alligator...

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment