Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pre-Trip

We are all about to depart in two days or so for a long trip to New Orleans, and I honestly have little idea of what to expect. I've never really travelled before, as the extent has been Disney World and my grandparents house in Florida when I was younger, and a cheerleading competition in Nashville, Tennessee in which I never even left the hotel. So to say the least, I'm sure this trip to a city that contains so much history and has seen tremendous devastation will not be comparable to any other that I have taken.


My only clues to what I am about to experience are products of my peers' past experiences, which I trust, and from the images that I have seen from the documentary "When the Levees Broke", which have completely shocked me. I know that I am about to participate in an enormous project that has the goal of repairing New Orleans, which at times has been seen as an impossible task. I know that I am about to bond with individuals that all share a common interest in not only bettering their own communities but bettering the communities of others as well. And I also I know that I am about to have one of the greatest and most meaningful experiences of my life thus far. Even though packing is stressing me out, I'm ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment